By Erin, Christina & Sarah
The Pacific Northwest is one of the most amazing places in the world! One of the ways we like to enjoy our neck of the woods is by visiting local parks. We curated a list of our favorites and hope that you take the time to discover or rediscover a park you love.
- Fairgrounds Park: I put Fairgrounds Park on my list because it is pretty close to my house but also usually not very busy. My kids love the play structure, there is a nice big area for walking and the bathrooms are usually pretty clean! – Christina
- Paradise Point State Park: Great park to spend the day on a walk, playing disc golf, or kayaking/paddling boarding – Erin
- Felida Park: One of my kids’ favorites because of the play structure as well as the paved path that is great for bikes and scooters. There is a nice covered area which is perfect for picnics or gatherings. This is usually a busy park, especially on Saturdays when the park hosts soccer games. – Christina
- Whipple Creek Regional Park: This is my favorite go to park on a hot day. There are miles of trails in the shade to enjoy a cool stroll. -Erin
- Vancouver Waterfront Park: This is usually where we pick to go when we want to skateboard or walk and take in the a nice river view, but also want easy access to food and drinks. Our household debates if the fish and chips at Wildfin’s walk up-window are the best we’ve ever had. The other new restaurants are all fabulous, although we haven’t tried them all yet. – Christina
- Hockinson Meadows Community Park: My favorite dog park in Clark County with a cute family park and great walking trails. – Erin
- Lacamas Park: I love nature in the middle of the city. I go here to hike and enjoy the peaceful trails. Lots of variety in landscape, with waterfalls. Picnic tables & a play structure make it a must destination for the whole family. – Sarah
- Captain William Clark Park on the Columbia River: My favorite Columbia River Beach for a walk or to play with my dogs! – Erin
We’d love to hear which ones are your favorites! It’s the perfect time of year to be outdoors. Enjoy!